Friday, April 1, 2011

pre-op

Just had my consult before the surgery.
Apparently it's not a big deal, especially in comparison to having your appendix out which is a comforting thought.

I did learn that the anaesthesiologist (seriously how do you spell that word without spell check?) had a great deal of trouble intabating me last time and I should have received a letter from the hospital about that. Really? News to me...but I have been composing a book in my mind about the horrors of hospital life so I'll just put that into the chapter "Things the hospital should have done ... but totally and completely didn't."

It was really weird getting all this preparation for surgery. The last two times it was an emergency so there was no preparation at all. This time I went to this place called patient registration. They checked my information and then they had this nice boy take me to the fourth floor for my consultation with the pre-op nurse. It was all so nice and friendly and chill. Man, I should do all of my surgeries this way.

Wednesday of next week is the big day - I will keep everyone posted but I am going in at 1030 am, surgery is at noon, and I should be released around 8 am on Thursday.

cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment